OK. This has got something to do with memes! Perhaps somebody could explain it all to me. It seems like a way of helping blogs to become known in a community.
I’ve been tagged by Lee at Olio.
1. All right, here are the rules.
2. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
3. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
4. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
5. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
1. I’m a retired scientist. I used to “live at work” (AgResearch), now I “work at living”.
2. These days I paint (art, not houses!), read a lot (catching up on a lot of science and atheist literature), do some writing and raising consciousness about non-theist beliefs.
3. I have 4 children and 4 grandchildren.
4. Photography is a long time hobby. Don’t do a lot now but am soon to teach a workshop to artists on photographing their artwork.
5. Born in Wellington, New Zealand. Now live in Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand.
4. Like lots of different music but particularly opera.
5. Am enjoying downloading atheist and science videos. Prefer to convert to DVD format and then watch them in the evenings. Makes up for the lack of decent material on New Zealand’s TV channels.
6. Attend a Buddhist meditation group and am intrigued to find some modern psychotherapy techniques (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy – ACT) have similarities to (and perhaps sources in) Buddhist psychology.
7. Currently reading 4 books (God is Not Great, Life as We Do Not Know it, A suitable Boy, Angels are OK) and have a few waiting to start on.
8. Not really keen on talking about myself!