This is good value. Richard Dawkins briefly responds to a range of questions.
The first question asks for his views of Sam Harris’s ideas on morality and science. He thinks Sam might be on to something and gives a clear explanation of why. (This is an ongoing discussion here – see Telling right from wrong?, Can science shape human values? and Waking up to morality.
Other questions relate to:
- the problems presented by anti-evolutionary groups,
- as yet unsupported scientific speculation which he finds interesting,
- the future of fundamentalist religion and of science,
- the most important scientific questions in biology ( he includes “why we have sex”), and
- the best evidence for evolution.
The video finishes with a section where Richard reads some of his hate mail – good for a laugh.
Vodpod videos no longer available.