- Follow Open Parachute on WordPress.com
- Getting the full story about Ukraine
- The west vs the rest – the world is changing
- Ukraine commemorates Nazi collaborators
- Do New Zealanders no longer support Ukraine?
- The subtlety of neo-Nazi influence in Ukraine – ignored by our media
- Where are Ukrainian refugees going? – an update
- Is New Zealand covertly supporting the glorification of neo-Nazism?
- Following the war in Ukraine – an update
- Russian anti-war protester goes to see for herself
- You can’t understand Ukraine without acknowledging its deep divisions
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Articles and comments search
Add to Favourites
Search Results for: atheism
Since publication of books like Richard Dawkins’ The God Delusion in the mid 2000’s some reviewers and commentators have argued that the “new atheists” and vocal “atheist scientists” are “bad for science.” That they are turning people, especially students, away … Continue reading
Hello there! If you are new here, you might want to subscribe to the RSS feed for updates on this topic Book Review: The Six Ways of Atheism: New Logical Disproofs of the Existence of God by Geoffrey Berg. US$14.50 … Continue reading
In a recent attack on me by a local blogger I was labelled a “New Atheist.” I had never thought of myself that way. After all, like me my atheism is actually quite old. And I prefer to get by … Continue reading
Following the statistics of a blog or website is interesting. One thing I have noticed is that the largest numbers of hits and comments occur during working hours. Obviously many people find blog activity an entertaining way of filling in … Continue reading
The previous articles in this series discussed the attitudes towards religious diversity in New Zealand, a personal perspective of what atheism means and why it should not be separated from other beliefs when human rights are considered, and the conflicts … Continue reading
The previous articles in this series discussed the attitudes towards religious diversity in New Zealand, a personal perspective of what atheism means and why it should not be separated from other beliefs when human rights are considered. This article deals … Continue reading
In the first part of this series I described the current situation in New Zealand. In particularly how current attitudes towards religious diversity ignore the non-religious. The problems with this attitude are evident in the National Statement on Religious Diversity. … Continue reading
This is the first of a four part series. The complete series was originally published as one article in the AEN Journal special issue on Faith and Ethnic Communities and will also be published in Open Society, the journal of … Continue reading
Sam Harris has created some controversy with his argument against the use of the term “atheist.” Harris, usually classified as one of the “New Atheists” (he is author of the books The End of Faith: Religion, Terror, and the Future … Continue reading