- Follow Open Parachute on WordPress.com
- Getting the full story about Ukraine
- The west vs the rest – the world is changing
- Ukraine commemorates Nazi collaborators
- Do New Zealanders no longer support Ukraine?
- The subtlety of neo-Nazi influence in Ukraine – ignored by our media
- Where are Ukrainian refugees going? – an update
- Is New Zealand covertly supporting the glorification of neo-Nazism?
- Following the war in Ukraine – an update
- Russian anti-war protester goes to see for herself
- You can’t understand Ukraine without acknowledging its deep divisions
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Articles and comments search
Add to Favourites
Search Results for: school
Religious instruction scrapped from curriculum – what a great headline to see in the newspaper. Unfortunately, it is just for the Australian state of Victoria. But it could well happen here, considering the opposition to religious instruction in state schools we … Continue reading
Looks like we might be making a bit of progress in attempts to establish a genuine secular education system in New Zealand. There are reports that “secular education advocates have had a win in their fight against the Bible in … Continue reading
Here’s a short Aussie video on the problem of religious instruction in secular schools. It’s well presented, and the situation in Australia is quite like that in New Zealand. In particular, the legal structure which allows access by religious groups … Continue reading
Here is something for parents to consider. I think that, under the humour, there is a serious message.
Here’s an idea for Focus on the Family’s next project to encourage discussion of science in New Zealand’s schools. Why not send a copy of the DVD Allan Wilson: Evolutionary to the 400 schools they sent their last project to … Continue reading
It’s easy to think that the current attack on science in the USA is a peculiarly American phenomenon – that it doesn’t, or wouldn’t, occur here in New Zealand. After all, a poll (UMR Research Survey: Morality, Religion and Evolution) … Continue reading
New Zealand has good Human Rights Legislation making discrimination on grounds of religion or ethical belief illegal. Despite this religious discrimination in favour of Christian beliefs occurs. Obvious examples are the use of Christian prayers in Parliament, some local councils … Continue reading
Too often when we talk about religious diversity, people with non-theist beliefs are excluded. We saw this with the the statement on Religious Diversity in New Zealand. It refers to our legislation, and international treaties, which guarantee human rights for … Continue reading
Moving on in my critique of the article mentioned in the first post of this series (see Confusion about neo-Nazis in Ukraine-Russia war). Peter Ballie cited the article as some sort of proof that there are: “neo-Nazi groups operating, not in … Continue reading