- Follow Open Parachute on WordPress.com
soundhill1 on MH17 tragedy- 5 years on soundhill1 on MH17 tragedy- 5 years on Stuartg on MH17 tragedy- 5 years on soundhill1 on MH17 tragedy- 5 years on soundhill1 on MH17 tragedy- 5 years on soundhill1 on MH17 tragedy- 5 years on Stuartg on MH17 tragedy- 5 years on soundhill1 on MH17 tragedy- 5 years on soundhill1 on MH17 tragedy- 5 years on soundhill1 on MH17 tragedy- 5 years on David Fierstien on MH17 tragedy- 5 years on David Fierstien on Flight MH17 in Ukraine –… Ken on Beware of scientific paper abs… Steve Slott on Beware of scientific paper abs… Ken on Beware of scientific paper abs…
- Beware of scientific paper abstracts – read the full text to avoid being fooled
- January ’20 – NZ blogs sitemeter ranking
- Fluoridation and sex steroid hormones – or the mouse that roared
- What are the recent fluoride-IQ studies really saying about community water fluoridation?
- December ’19 – NZ blogs sitemeter ranking
- Fluoridation science and political advocacy – who is fooling who?
- Scientific integrity & fluoridation – Dr Ghali responds
- Sleep disorders and fluoride: dredging data to confirm a bias
- Some fluoride-IQ researchers seem to be taking in each other’s laundry
- Statistical manipulation to get publishable results
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Articles and comments search
Add to Favourites
Search Results for: science denialImage
Here’s a short but informative discussion between Naomi Oreskes and Australian politician Nick Minchin. He is known for his denial of human inputs to climate change and for attacking the science. Oreskes suggests to him that his reasons for denial … Continue reading
Science denial seems to be rampant at the moment. The climate change denial promoted by “climategate” is just an extreme current example. We still face other forms of science denial with respect to evolutionary science, alternative medicines, spiritualism, etc. Even … Continue reading
I have often accused the local climate change denial group of shonky science in their treatment of data for their report “Are we feeling warmer yet?“ (see for example New Zealand’s denier-gate). There is the clear issue of their presenting temperature … Continue reading
Last week we saw several local victories for science over pseudoscience. And the US mid-term elections also gave electoral victories supporting community water fluoridation in 5 out of 6 communities where it was voted on.* Peter Griffin from New Zealand’s Science … Continue reading
Cartoon by Joe Heller, www.hellertoon.com Readers no doubt recognise this situation. It’s a pretty blatant form of science denial. Division of science and into pro and anti forms – such as pro-fluoridation and anti-fluoridation science – is just another form of … Continue reading
Over recent months I have been following, and learning more about, the issues of fluoridation and the Ukrainian civil war. One is a scientific issue (at least in most of the debate), the other political. Yet in the social media … Continue reading
This guy is spouting a bunch of simple-minded anti-scientific rubbish. Not surprising in itself – he is actually opening a climate change denial conference in th US – one of the semi-annual get-togethers of climate change denialists organised by the Heartland Institute. … Continue reading
I am all for genuine creativity in science, and elsewhere. But some people seem to think anything goes when the are promoting their ideology or political views. Again and again I come across campaigners , especially in areas like “natural” … Continue reading