- Follow Open Parachute on WordPress.com
Ken on Beware of scientific paper abs… Steve Slott on Beware of scientific paper abs… Ken on Beware of scientific paper abs… Ken on January ’20 – NZ blogs sitemet… Steve Slott on Beware of scientific paper abs… GlenK on January ’20 – NZ blogs sitemet… Ken on What are the recent fluoride-I… Ken on MH17 tragedy- 5 years on Stuartg on MH17 tragedy- 5 years on Ken on MH17 tragedy- 5 years on Stuartg on MH17 tragedy- 5 years on soundhill1 on MH17 tragedy- 5 years on soundhill1 on MH17 tragedy- 5 years on soundhill1 on MH17 tragedy- 5 years on Stuartg on Scientific integrity & flu…
- Beware of scientific paper abstracts – read the full text to avoid being fooled
- January ’20 – NZ blogs sitemeter ranking
- Fluoridation and sex steroid hormones – or the mouse that roared
- What are the recent fluoride-IQ studies really saying about community water fluoridation?
- December ’19 – NZ blogs sitemeter ranking
- Fluoridation science and political advocacy – who is fooling who?
- Scientific integrity & fluoridation – Dr Ghali responds
- Sleep disorders and fluoride: dredging data to confirm a bias
- Some fluoride-IQ researchers seem to be taking in each other’s laundry
- Statistical manipulation to get publishable results
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Articles and comments search
Add to Favourites
Search Results for: science religion
Alex Hern, writing in the New Statesman, has ticked off the Church of England (CofE) for their blatant misrepresentation of the statistics resulting from a survey they sponsored (see Church of England commits sins against statistics). He subtitled his piece: … Continue reading
Here’s an interesting discussion. And unlike many in this area – one that makes a lot of sense. Perhaps it’s because the participants are all non-theists so are not encumbered with ideological baggage. Atheists On Religion, Science, And Morality (The … Continue reading
Jerry Coyne at Why Evolution is True highly recommends this video (see Dawkins on Al Jazeera). I watched it over lunch and can second his recommendation. It’s an Al Jazeera talk back show – The Stream – where Richard Dawkins is … Continue reading
There have been several books lately promoting the idea the religion and science are compatible – or at least challenging any suggestion that they might be incompatible. Of course, these were written by advocates of religion, or at least advocates … Continue reading
A recent poll of 1,000 American Protestant pastors is perhaps not surprising, given the well know opposition to evolutionary science amongst the US public. (see Poll: Pastors oppose evolution, split on earth’s age). As the figure below shows over 80% … Continue reading
Religious apologists seem to be obsessed with the relationship between religion and science. Not so much for scientists who generally just want to get on with their job of understanding reality and helping humanity make use of the resulting knowledge. … Continue reading
YouTube – 2/8 Daniel Dennett & John Haught & David Sloan Wilson on Religion. In this short video clip philosopher Daniel Dennett gives a succinct description of the history of religion and its relationship with science. It’s a welcome change … Continue reading
I think this cartoon really illustrates the differences. Credit: atheistcartoons.com – where would we be?.
“Science and Religion” seems to be a popular topic for debate on the internet these days. Even in New Zealand Richard Dawkins‘ recent visit encouraged 14 religious scientists, historians and theologians to produce their own statement on the subject (see … Continue reading