- Follow Open Parachute on WordPress.com
- Getting the full story about Ukraine
- The west vs the rest – the world is changing
- Ukraine commemorates Nazi collaborators
- Do New Zealanders no longer support Ukraine?
- The subtlety of neo-Nazi influence in Ukraine – ignored by our media
- Where are Ukrainian refugees going? – an update
- Is New Zealand covertly supporting the glorification of neo-Nazism?
- Following the war in Ukraine – an update
- Russian anti-war protester goes to see for herself
- You can’t understand Ukraine without acknowledging its deep divisions
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Articles and comments search
Add to Favourites
Search Results for: writing
I picked this up on Facebook from Writing about Writing. It would be great to have this sort of skill. To be able to make the writing itself attractive, even beautiful, quite apart from the subject. It certainly drives home … Continue reading
I recently read the first volume of Richard Dawkins’s memoirs An Appetite for Wonder: The Making of a Scientist. It brought back a few memories for me. The political and trade union battles of the early 1970s in the UK, for … Continue reading
This weekend the Royal Society announced the winners of the New Zealand Manhire Prize for Creative Science Writing. There are two categories, fiction and non-fiction, and this year entrants were asked to write about chemistry and our world. This is … Continue reading
I guess most scientists find writing difficult. I certainly have over the years. So I do admire scientists who communicate well, who produce readable material. And do it with ease. P Z Myers is one of these. He is a … Continue reading
Sadly, this will be my last post of NZ blog rankings. I have been doing this for quite a while and it will be sad to let it go. Many might say that blogs are no longer as important as … Continue reading
I notice a few regulars no longer allow public access to the site counters. This may happen accidentally when the blog format is altered. If your blog is unexpectedly missing or the numbers seem very low please check this out. … Continue reading
Uncritical use of science to support a preconceived position is widespread – and it really gets up my nose. I have no respect for the person, often an activist, who uncritically cites a scientific report. Often they will cite a … Continue reading
Image credit: Writing an Article vs. Writing a Blog Post: What’s the Difference? I notice a few regulars no longer allow public access to the site counters. This may happen accidentally when the blog format is altered. If your blog is … Continue reading
Image Credit: Blog Writing Tips. I notice a few regulars no longer allow public access to the site counters. This may happen accidentally when the blog format is altered. If your blog is unexpectedly missing or the numbers seem very low … Continue reading