- Follow Open Parachute on WordPress.com
Ken on Anti-fluoride activists misrep… Ken on Psychology of Russiagate… David Fierstien on Psychology of Russiagate… David Fierstien on Psychology of Russiagate… David McRae on Anti-fluoride activists misrep… Ken on Psychology of Russiagate… David Fierstien on Psychology of Russiagate… David Fierstien on Psychology of Russiagate… Ken on Anti-fluoride activists misrep… David McRae on Anti-fluoride activists misrep… Stuartg on Anti-fluoride activists misrep… Ken on Anti-fluoride activists misrep… Ken on Psychology of Russiagate… Bill Osmunson on Anti-fluoride activists misrep… David Fierstien on Psychology of Russiagate…
- Anti-fluoride activists misrepresent a new kidney/liver study
- July ’19 – NZ blogs sitemeter ranking
- MH17 tragedy- 5 years on
- June ’19 – NZ blogs sitemeter ranking
- Chemical watchdog confirms suppressed report but justifies the suppression
- May ’19 – NZ blogs sitemeter ranking
- Does international chemical watchdog cherry-pick evidence to confirm a bias?
- Psychology of Russiagate – an adult discussion for a change
- April ’19 – NZ blogs sitemeter ranking
- Russiagate – Some insights into its origins and results
- What good is wood in streams?
- Scion nursery upgrade
- Colourful timber
- Is that a plastic wrapper in your snapper?
- Assessing clonal tree performance in Māori-owned forests
- Getting to the heart of coast redwood durability
- How will climate change affect plantation forestry in NZ?
- How eco-friendly are your winter woolies?
- Kawerau container terminal - demand nearly triples!
- Intergenerational land management solutions
- New weapons in the battle for urban biosecurity
- Growing a biofuelled New Zealand
- Radiata pine genome - draft assembly completed
- New ways to measure and value small forests
- “A Billion Trees”
- Sustainable wood for sustainable development
- Scion Connections Issue 26, December 2017
- New science exhibition open now
- UN FAO Sustainable Wood for a Sustainable World report released
- FAR Researcher of the Year
Articles and comments search
Add to Favourites
Search Results for: dental fluorosis
Anti-fluoride groups and “natural”/alternative health groups and websites are currently promoting a new paper by several leading anti-fluoride propagandists. For two reasons: It’s about fluoride and IQ. The anti-fluoride movement recently decided to give priority to this issue in an attempt to get … Continue reading
New Zealand anti-fluoride campaigners have whittled their list of objections to community water fluoridation (CWF) down to 12 reasons. Maybe that’s progress – they used to tout a list of 50 reasons! Let’s go through that list one by one … Continue reading
Community water fluoridation (CWF) will persist in science news for the foreseeable future – not for any valid scientific reason but because of reaction to political pressures against it. This is particularly so in New Zealand where our parliament will be … Continue reading
Anti-fluoridation campaigners’ claims that community water fluoridation reduces IQ are simply false. That is the conclusion of Alex Kasprak – and he says why in his new Snopes.com article (see Fact Check -Fluor-IQ). These days anti-fluoridation activists use this claim as … Continue reading
A new study has found, once again, that community water fluoridation (CWF) saves more than it costs. Carrying on from the previous most comprehensive study in 2001 this new study is based on updated costs of CWF and the averted lifetime … Continue reading
As we head towards the parliamentary consideration of new legislation on fluoridation in New Zealand the anti-fluoride groups are building a campaign to oppose the transfer of responsibilities from local councils to District Health Boards. So, their Facebook pages are promoting … Continue reading
A new year and a new speaking tour of New Zealand by US anti-fluoride campaigner Paul Connett. Looking over the presentation he is giving at his New Zealand meetings I find he has absolutely nothing new to say. It’s all been … Continue reading
Anti-fluoride campaigners cherry-pick irrelevant overseas research but can’t find relevant New Zealand research
Yes, I know. This is getting boring. A local anti-fluoride campaigner misrepresents research on fluoridation – yet again. Perhaps I should apologise for yet another article debunking this sort of misrepresentation. In my defense can I just say this is … Continue reading
Image credit: MSoF – Ooops, [Newsweek] Did It Again Publication of the Cochrane fluoridation review last year caused quite a flurry. Anti-fluoridation activists launched an avalanche of cherry-picked quotations and claims that completely misrepresented the review’s findings. On the other hand, the Cochrane review … Continue reading
Wellington anti-fluoride campaigner, Stan Litras, has penned an “open letter” about community water fluoridation (CWF) to the Associate Minister of Health, Peter Dunne. He titles his document HEALTH RISKS TO NEW ZEALANDERS FROM FLUORIDE) but, as we would expect, it is full … Continue reading