In this talk given at the AAI 2009 Convention she covers some interesting topics (see video below). These include the question of science and atheism, can science determine if a god exists and the contribution of Galileo to the scientific method. I think the latter subject is very important in the International Year of Astronomy. We keep being distracted from it by religious apologists whose only motive is to find excuses for the Church’s treatment of Galileo, in the process often distorting or denying Galileo’s scientific contributions. Porco also discusses problems with the modern-day public attitudes towards science.
- Follow Open Parachute on WordPress.com
- August ’21 – NZ blogs sitemeter ranking
- July ’21 – NZ blogs sitemeter ranking
- June ’21 – NZ blogs sitemeter ranking
- Anti-fluoridation group tells porkies about NZ fluoridation review
- Opponents of fluoridation all at sea with new legislation
- Update of NZ fluoridation review timely and useful
- May ’21 – NZ blogs sitemeter ranking
- Fluoridation contribution to heavy metals in drinking water is too low to measure
- April ’21 – NZ blogs sitemeter ranking
- Hip fractures in the elderly and fluoride – contradictory evidence
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Articles and comments search
Add to Favourites