This video - The beginning of the universe, for beginners – is the premiere of a series of five, first of their kind, collaborations between CERN and TED Ed. The series covers the origins of the universe, dark matter, antimatter, big data and the Higgs boson. The other four animations will premiere at TEDxCERN, another first of its kind event, on 3 May from 2pm – 8pm CEST, and the animated lessons will be available on ed.ted.com starting on 3 May. The webcast will be available to the public on the TEDxCERN website.
- A couple of “oldies” inject some sense into international politics
- Open letter to Lisa Hansen on NZ Fluoridation Review
- February ’15 – NZ blogs sitemeter ranking
- Paper claiming water fluoridation linked to hypothyroidism slammed by experts
- Dirty tactics by anti-fluoride activists in Taupo
- NZ Fluoridation review – Response to Micklen
- NZ Fluoridation review – HS Micklen responds to critique
- Did business interests interfere with Hamilton’s fluoride tribunal process?
- A perspective of distances in space
- Download report analysing anti-fluoride attacks on NZ Fluoridation Review
- City lights, bright nights
- Impact – Early attention and a broader lens on potential impacts can pay off
- Modelling the incubation microclimate to predict offspring sex ratios and hatching phenology in tuatara (Sphenodon punctatus)
- Links between language diversity and species richness can be confounded by spatial autocorrelation
- Broad supernatural punishment but not moralizing high gods precede the evolution of political complexity
- New reaction paths for advanced SiAlON/TiN composites
- Effective Slip Lengths for Stokes Flow over Rough, Mixed-Slip Surfaces
- Abyssal Archives: Unravelling the Late Neogene evolution of the Pacific Deep Western Boundary Current from the New Zealand sector of the Southern Ocean
- The final post!
- Beyond waged work: The everyday politics of alternative socio-economic practices
- An integrated strategy for managing Grapevine leafroll-associated virus 3 in red berry cultivars in New Zealand vineyards
- Electric Vehicles in the Pacific Islands? An Investigation of the Possibilities of Electro-mobility in Samoa
- Characterising the benthic Phormidium autumnale-dominated biofilm community and anatoxin production throughout biofilm succession
- Balleny Islands humpback research
- Their weevil ways: too specialised to survive on the Chathams?
- Science in Society Program takes a step forward
- Modelling Secular Variation in the Southwest Pacific for the last 400 years
- Intra-genomic variation in symbiotic dinoflagellates: Recent divergence or natural hybridization?
- Urban Vegetation, Wellbeing and Pro-environmental Behaviour: A Socio-ecological Experiment in Wellington City, New Zealand
- Setting standards for a safer environment
Articles and comments search
Add to Favourites