Sam Harris created some controversy with his speech at the AAI Convention (see video below). Most attention was drawn to his suggestion that use of the term “atheist’ was diversionary and that atheists should instead define themselves by activity around positive issues. Unfortunately the second part of his speech has been completely ignored in the resulting discussion. This is a pity because he was suggesting that some religious traditions have aspects that are of value to modern societies, a value which should be appreciated by non-theists as well as the religious.
- Follow Open Parachute on WordPress.com
- Fluoridation and child IQ – the problem of counting chickens before they hatch
- August ’21 – NZ blogs sitemeter ranking
- July ’21 – NZ blogs sitemeter ranking
- June ’21 – NZ blogs sitemeter ranking
- Anti-fluoridation group tells porkies about NZ fluoridation review
- Opponents of fluoridation all at sea with new legislation
- Update of NZ fluoridation review timely and useful
- May ’21 – NZ blogs sitemeter ranking
- Fluoridation contribution to heavy metals in drinking water is too low to measure
- April ’21 – NZ blogs sitemeter ranking
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Articles and comments search
Add to Favourites