In the political realm, all sides are guilty of promoting disinformation. It really is a “reader beware” situation in that the intelligent consumer of news should assess information critically and sensibly. Not trusting in news reports simply because they come from “their side.”
So, while I have been critical of “our” mainstream media, in this respect, I must acknowledge there are rare examples where it will allow the truth to break through. Ironically, I see the video above from the New York Times as the exception proving the rule.
The video shows burning of “aid” trucks on the Venezuelan-Columbian border – widely reported by “our” media and politicians as an act of infamy by the Venezuelan side. Readers of alternative media know better having already seen videos showing use of Molotov cocktails by anti-Venezuelan protesters. But now, the New York Times, shows “our” mainstream media and politicians were wrong. And this disinformation, together with its multiplication by prominent USA politicians, had serious consequences. Not only in spreading more anti-Venezuelan propaganda, but in the US imposing even more sanctions on that suffering country.
- Follow Open Parachute on WordPress.com
Aung Min on Following the war in Ukraine… Ken on Following the war in Ukraine… Gerry Byrne on Following the war in Ukraine… Ken on Russian anti-war protester goe… James on Russian anti-war protester goe… Ken on Once again, those Russian neo-… Sanctuary on Once again, those Russian neo-… Ken on Over 50 POWs killed. A militar… Richard Christie on Over 50 POWs killed. A militar… Ken on Over 50 POWs killed. A militar… Gosman on Over 50 POWs killed. A militar… Richard Christie on Over 50 POWs killed. A militar… Gosman on Over 50 POWs killed. A militar… Richard Christie on Over 50 POWs killed. A militar… Ken on Over 50 POWs killed. A militar…
- Following the war in Ukraine – an update
- Russian anti-war protester goes to see for herself
- You can’t understand Ukraine without acknowledging its deep divisions
- Once again, those Russian neo-Nazis – the Wagner group
- A heartwarming story about a Ukrainian prisoner of war
- Over 50 POWs killed. A military accident or a cynical war crime?
- Ukraine/Russia war, an intelligence operation or a sting, Ukrainian and UK spies, and Bellingcat
- Mainstream media defends poor journalism by smearing good journalism
- Ukraine war – a shocking failure of our mainstream media
- How is the war going?
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Articles and comments search
Add to Favourites